Software DeveloperFull-time, Porto, Portugal or Santiago, Chile
Jumpseller is a SaaS solution for small business to manage their online business. We focus on making e-commerce easier for everyone, so businesses can focus on what they do best: building and selling their products. Today, merchants use the Jumpseller platform to manage every aspect of their online business — from products to orders to customers, selling with an online store, on mobile, on social networks and through different e-commerce channels.
At Jumpseller you will find a startup environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. Our team is collaborating from 2 offices, one in Porto, Portugal, and another in Santiago, Chile, and our working culture is international.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our growing team. We look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building a product that millions of people use.
- A bachelor/master in Informatics (or related);
- Proven professional experience in OO programming and web development;
- Attentive to details, delivering quality code which is maintainable, efficient and reliable;
- Experienced in MySQL, or other relational databases;
- Familiar with version-control and automated testing tools;
- Used to work in JSON/XML/CSV formats and have no issues with HTML/CSS;
- Experienced in Ruby or Ruby and Rails (the right candidate will be considered without this experience);
- Excellent in English communication and teamwork.
- Work in an informal environment, for a global market;
- Strive to write clean, modular, flawless and scalable code responsible to handle millions of records;
- Design new features from ground-up, from a given set of specs;
- Build automated tests for your code while help improving and maintaining our current test set;
- Be directly involved with our Customer Support Team, resolving technical issues and understand how to improve our service;
- Take responsibility, autonomy and ownership of your work.
Web Designer - Customer SupportFull-time, Santiago, Chile
Who we are
Jumpseller is an e-commerce cloud solution, allowing any small and medium size business to easily create their online store and run their e-commerce business without technical help.
We're looking for a designer to join our Customer Support Team. Someone who loves to help others, someone who can feel empathy when dealing with customer's problems and to whom you can relate.
This is a demanding role, where many of the inquiries are technically complicated to assess. This requires you to act, on a daily-basis, as a liaison between our merchant base and our Design & Development teams.
We're looking for someone to plan, design and implement e-commerce templates for Jumpseller's merchants or Jumpseller's own Theme Gallery. This responsive web-designs are custom-built for flagship clients and seen by millions of people around the world.
- Passionate and empathic person, who likes to craft simple and easy to use websites from start to finish;
- Attentive to details producing pixel-perfect work;
- Interested in optimizing designs for UX and performance across all devices;
- Excellent in communication and teamwork.
- Gather requirements from key Jumpseller clients - via phone and/or personally;
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas;
- Produce visual designs which look good and work in any browser / device at the same time;
- Integrate this code into Jumpseller platform, producing ready to use e-commerce themes;
- Take responsibility and ownership of your work.
- A bachelor/master degree in Web Design, Graphic Design or Informatics;
- Previous professional experience on design and implementation of responsive interfaces;
- Advanced knowledge of XHTML/CSS. Bootstrap or similar frameworks are a plus;
- Ability to use Photoshop / Illustrator or similar tools;
- Demonstrated strong, clean visual design sense - say minimalist;
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and orally in English and Spanish. Portuguese is a plus;
BenefitsWhat we offer in return
|Company Mac + External Monitor||Competitive Salary||40-hour Workweeks|
|European Vacations Policy||Remote Work Friday||Whatever Software you need|
|Flexible Works Hours||International Culture||Private Medical Insurance|